dhl降临 arrivall import customs还要多久能收到

get rid of promo -->
Code7700 is provided free of charge in an effort to provide sourced-information about all facets of aviation.
Always remember that Eddie, when you get right down to it, is just a pilot. He tries to give you the facts from the source materials but maybe he got it wrong, maybe he is out of date. Sure, he warns you when he is giving you his personal techniques, but you should always follow your primary guidance (Aircraft manuals, government regulations, etc.) before listening to Eddie.
Please note: Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation has no affiliation or connection whatsoever with this website, and Gulfstream does not review, endorse, or approve any of the content included on the site. As a result, Gulfstream is not responsible or liable for your use of any materials or information obtained from this site.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to further education and advance flight safety. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have an interest in furthering flight safety.
—Eddie's Lawyer
My objective is to give pilots the tools they need to fly more safely. If you are a copyright holder and see your material here, that means I think your work can help to that end. Still, if you would rather your materials not appear on this website, please "Contact Eddie" using the link below and your material will be removed. It will be our loss, but I understand the need to protect creative rights.
To answer another frequent question: yes I live in fear of law suits and have reached out for permissions where possible. Gulfstream has been very good about all of this provided I add the note shown below. Let me be clear about this: I think the world of Gulfstream Aerospace. There is no prettier wing in existence than what you see on a GV or G550 and the best cockpit I've ever touched is in my trusty G450.
Accident Case Studies (Sorted Alphabetically)
There are three very good rules when it comes to dealing with the customs officials of another country:
Not all the rules are written and even if they are they a it pays to know somebody with first-hand experience with the country.
Sometimes things don't go well and having an advocate on the ground who speaks the language and actually lives there will work in your favor.
If you don't have somebody like that, find a trip planning handler who does.
Be prepared for delays, don't get upset in public, and make sure your passengers know to do the same.
You are playing in someone else's sandbox and they can toss you into the penalty box for no reason at all.
Don't give them the excuse to do just that.
Before Departing the United States
Passports and Visas
You will probably need a passport to enter another country and then to return to United States.
The rules are different for each country and can also change depending on the other countries on your itinerary.
The rules of Visas can also be different for passengers and crewmembers.
You may be surprised to hear that many countries even have rules on how many blank pages must be available in your passport or how many months remain before expiration.
The best way to be certain is to visit:
and use the "Learn about your destination" section.
Visa Waiver Program, "Green Cards"
A person who enters the United States under the Visa Waiver Program may not be aware that they cannot depart the country unless the entity providing the transportation is approved under the program.
Even as a 14 CFR 91 operator you can be an approved Visa Waiver Program carrier, but even if you aren't and one of your passengers is travelling using the Visa Waiver Program, you need to be smart about it.
More about this: .
Minors Traveling Without Their Parents
Some countries required minors traveling without their parents have notarized travel permission from their legal guardians.
Getting into and out of Canada is fairly easy and it can be even easier if you, everyone on your crew, and all your passengers are enrolled in CANPASS.
Electronic Advanced Passenger Information System (eAPIS)
You've got no choice in the matter anymore, you have to participate in the Electronic Advanced Passenger Information System (eAPIS). An international flight planning service can make this easy for you, but you can do it yourself. The system the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) gives you through Customs & Border Protection (CBP) is fair, at best, but it does work. It won't remember your passengers or crew, but it remembers you. Several flight planning services that you are probably already using can automate things and make the entire process a bit less painful.
Entry into the United States
The process of getting back into the country has gotten easier, thanks to the proliferation of electrons in the system.
Things will go more smoothly if you have eAPIS complete, have your paperwork in order, and be patient with the guy wearing the badge and gun.
Electronic Advanced Passenger Information System (eAPIS)
You can't depart for the United States unless you have your eAPIS in order.
Inspection of Certificates
[] &61.3 (l) Inspection of certificate. Each person who holds an airman certificate, medical certificate, authorization, or license required by this part must present it and their photo identification as described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section for inspection upon a request from:
An authorized representative of the National Transportation Safety B
Any Federal, State, or local law or
An authorized representative of the Transportation Security Administration.
The customs and border inspector will ask for your pilot's license, medical, and a photo ID which is normally your passport.
Non-immigrant Visitors (CBP Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record)
Foreign visitors to the U.S. arriving via air or sea no longer need to complete paper Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record or Form I-94W Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record. Those who need to prove their legal-visitor status—to employers, schools/universities or government agencies—can access their CBP arrival/departure record information online.
Customs Declaration Form 6059B
Each individual arriving into the United States must complete the CBP Declaration Form 6059B. If you are traveling with other immediate family members who reside in one household, complete one form per family.
A family is considered people who are related by blood, marriage, domestic relationship or adoption. People in a domestic relationship include foster children, stepchildren, half-siblings, legal wards, other dependents or individuals with an in loco parentis or guardianship relationship. It also includes two adults who are in a committed relationship including, but not limited to, long-time companions and couples in civil unions or domestic partnerships, wherein the partners are financially interdependent and are not married to, or a partner of, anyone else. A "domestic relationship" does not extend to roommates or other cohabitants who do not meet this definition.
Print your last (family) name. Print your first (given) name. Print the first letter of your middle name.
Print your date of birth in the appropriate day/month/year boxes.
Print the number of family members traveling with you (do not include yourself).
Print your current street address in the United States. If you are staying at a hotel, include the hotel's name and street address. Print the city and the state in the appropriate boxes.
Print the name of the country that issued your passport.
Print your passport number.
Print the name of the country where you currently live.
Print the name of the country(ies) that you visited on your trip prior to arriving to the United States.
If traveling by airline, print the airline's name and flight number. If traveling by vessel (ship), print the vessel's name.
Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you traveling on a business (work-related) trip?
Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you bringing with you:
fruits, plants, food, or insects?
meats, animals, or animal/wildlife products?
disease agents, cell cultures, or snails?
soil or have you visited a farm/ranch/pasture outside the United States?
Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Have you or any family members traveling with you been in close proximity of (such as touching or handling) livestock outside the United States?
Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you or any family members traveling with you bringing $10,000 or more in U.S. dollars or foreign equivalent in any form into the United States?
Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you or any family members traveling with you bringing commercial merchandise into the United States?
If you are a U.S. resident, print the total value of all goods (including commercial merchandise) you or any family members traveling with you have purchased or acquired abroad (including gifts for someone else, but not items mailed to the United States) and are bringing into the United States. Note: U.S. residents are normally entitled to a duty-free exemption of $800 on items accompanying them.
If you are a visitor (non-U.S. Resident), print the total value of all goods (including commercial merchandise) you or any family members traveling with you are bringing into the United States and will remain in the United States. Note: Visitors (non-U.S. Residents) are normally entitled to an exemption of $100.
Declare all articles on this form. For gifts, please indicate the retail value. Use the reverse side of this form if additional space is needed to list the items you will declare.
The U.S. Customs officer will determine duty. Duty will be assessed at the current rate on the first $1,000 above the exemption.
Read the notice on the reverse side of the form.
Sign the form and print the date.
Keep the complete form with you and hand it to the CBP inspector when you approach the Customs and Border Protection area.
Crew Member’s Declaration
This form is required at only a few points of entry, KPBI to name one. To date, there is no central location of information detailing when the form is needed. Just make sure you’ve got one per crewmember at KBPI!
Forms available at: .
General Declaration (CBP Form 7507)
They say the Gen Dec is no longer required in the United States, it has been replaced by eAPIS.
More about that: .
The trouble is much of the rest of the world still requires them and the form is still in print, available here:.
Book Notes
Portions of this page can be found in the book , Part VIII, Chapter 16.
14 CFR 61, Title 14: Aeronautics and Space, Certification: Pilots, Flight Instructors, and Ground Instructors, Federal Aviation Administration, Department of TransportationDHL Worldwide Express
CaribbeanOnLineYellowPages
DHL Worldwide Express&
New Page 1
THE COMPANY:
DHL World Wide Express Trinidad branch started in 1981.&
As with any other business venture, DHL started off small.&
In essence it was a one-man show.& One
courier, one broker, one office and one scale which is, to date, still fully
functional.
Now some 20 years later, 5 offices, 3 service centers, San Fernando, Pt
Lisas and Tobago Airport Facility and the main office in Port of Spain, we have
proven ourselves to be the fastest and the best in the Air Express Industry.
DHL’s staff give us our competitive edge by giving you fast and
efficient service.& As a DHL
customer, you can count on the fact that we will always do “whatever it takes”
to make sure your shipments get where they’re going quickly and reliably.&
Our experienced staff are trained to meet your particular shipping needs,
they understandthe intricacies of global shipping and can recommend the best DHL
solution for your business.
Our competitive edge is maintained by the fact that DHL aircraft arrives
and leaves Port of Spain on a daily basis.&
From as early as 7.00am material arrives into Port of Spain.&
Some destined for Trinidad and some for the islands.&
Those for the islands are loaded on a Caravan 402 approximately 2 hours
after arrival and sent to its respective destination.
AND SERVICES:
International
Document Service
DHL, founded the air express industry in 1969 by delivering documents
door-to-door across the globe.& Today
DHL delivers to more than 220 destinations worldwide surpassing that oft any
other company.
Priority Express
DHL specializes in package shipments with commercial value, combining the
experience and express service of door-to-soor delivery.
There is no more efficient way for you to send anything, anywhere.
Import Express
Import Express is the fastest way to import products without any import
bureocacy.& Import Express is an air
express collect service, priced, sold and billed by DHL in the recipient
DHL will transport your shipment no matter what size, weight and value
with experience customs brokers and trained export staff.
Jumbo Box and
Jumbo Junior
The DHL Jumbo Box allows you to ship a dutable shipment weighing up to 55
pounds (25kgs) and the DHL Jumbo Junior holds up to 22 pounds (10kgs)&
Both are delivered anywhere in the world, at on all-inclusive price.
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY…
On June 3rd 2001 DHL founded three teams, “the
good”, “the bad” and “the ugly” to take part in the triathlon relay at
Chagville Chaguaramas held by the TTA.& It
was an afternoon of immense fun, as well as being filled with anxiety being a
first time experience, but nonetheless it was FUNTASTIC, especially being called
to receive our medals.
The DHL team regularly rides on Saturdays or Sundays and
you are very welcome to join us – just call and let us know and we will take
it from there.
COME RIDE WITH US!
THE CUSTOMER :-
Here is something for you :
DISCOUNT COUPON
Below is your coupon - just click on it, then print and
bring it in to any of our
4 locations, Port of Spain, San Fernando, Pt Lisas or Tobago to get a 10%
(Click the image then print!)
CASH SHIPPER CARD
Don’t forget our CASH SHIPPERS CARD, where you get a FREE
package or document to anywhere in the world once the card is completed.
Offices in Trinidad & Tobago
Port of Spain
Ground Floor, Furness Withy Building
90 Independence Square
Port of Spain
Tel : (868) 625-9835& Fax : (868)
Point Lisas
Atlantic Plaza
Atlantic Avenue
Point Lisas, Couva
Tel/Fax : (868) 679-7142
San Fernando
Cross Crossing Shopping Mall
Mall 2 – Room 2
San Fernando, Trinidad
Tel : (868) 652-2957
Breeze Hall Mall
Milford Road
Scarborough Tobago
Tel : (868) 639-9244
KEY COMPANY PERSONNEL:
Anand Persad
CONTACT INFORMATION:
DHL Worldwide Express
90 Independence Square
Port of Spain
CONTACT DHL WORLDWIDE EXPRESS:
Your Name:
Your E-mail Address:
Last updated 18th June, 2002Import/Custom/Tracking status
Import/Custom/Tracking status
Discuss Import/Custom/Tracking status at the General Lounge within
- Audio Video Hi-Fi F Hi all,
First of all, a question -
I have ordered an amp from Hongkong ...
Remember Me?
AD-LINKS-NAVBAR
General Lounge Discuss anything not related to audio video here.
Show Threads
Show Posts
Reputation points: 33
Import/Custom/Buying from abroad tracking status
First of all, a question -
I have ordered an amp from Hongkong vendor through ebay. It was shipped on 17 from HK. Then on 24 july, it was handed over to customs. Now the tracking site shows -
7/17/:00 PM
Receive item from customer (Otb)
7/18/:00 PM
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE
Insert item into bag (Otb)
7/19/:00 PM
MUMBAI AIR
Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
7/19/:00 PM
MUMBAI AIR
Send item to domestic location (Inb)
7/23/:00 PM
MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE
Update item (Inb)
7/24/:00 PM
Send item to customs (Inb)
Record item customs information (Inb)
Retention reason : Articles importation subject to restrictions import- license
Return item from customs (Inb)
Send item to domestic location (Inb)
I have not received it yet. I am in Pune.
Now the confusion is, whether it was detained or not, as last status shows 'send to domestic location'. Or should I be expecting letter from customs instead? Anybody having items detained can clarify? Or if somebody has similar experience that it was shown as detained but got delivered?
I intend to convert this thread later to 'importing/custom/tracking status guide' and general tips about importing, customs etc. I found bits and pieces of information on other threads, but its not definite. I will like to compile it here. I will write my own findings also. So please contribute.
Advertisements
Reputation points: 911
Re: Import/Custom/Tracking status
20 days is the norm for customs clearance. Since it has been dispatched by customs you should expect it in a few more days time. It wont happen the same day.
Reputation points: 974
The line &Send item to domestic location& typically means that the item has been despatched to your local post office. It should normally be in your local PO the 2nd day after this status is shown.
I had a few LPs coming in by USPS and I was tracking them and in touch with the Foreign Post Office in my city. What I said above is what they told me, and just as they said, I was able to collect the parcel from my local PO the 2nd day after this status was shown.
If you can find out the phone number of the Foreign Post Office in your city, and if you call them (or visit them) they should be able to help you.
But, along the lines of what gobble mentioned, it looks mighty extraordinary that the item was sent to customs, cleared, cleared and sent to the domestic location the same day. This process takes a minimum of 2-3 days for electronic items.
I am not expecting it on same day. But, its 6 days since it was 'sent to domestic location' so worried a bit about it(and because of 'retention reason' note). If they have detained it, then I dont want to add more delay to it(issue a letter-recieve letter-reply cycle).
But, along the lines of what gobble mentioned, it looks mighty extraordinary that the item was sent to customs, cleared, cleared and sent to the domestic location the same day. This process takes a minimum of 2-3 days for electronic items.
Yep, thats what surprised me. Status was updated multiple time in same day! And custom took just 1 minute to return it back.
When I searched regarding it, I found a few things when you order items online -
Multiple retention/detention reason are possible.
Import license - This is usually not required since you are using it for personal use. But nevertheless, you might get caught in such scenario.
Prohibited item - some items are indeed not allowed by customs, some RF transmitters fall in this category and of course there is full list available on customs site.
Other - you are just unlucky.
In few cases, they might open the packaging, or even open the casing of the item. In most cases such things wont damage the item, but its advised to not order very fragile things.
Handling is pretty rough, they dont bother much about the contents either.
If ordering multiple items, its best to package them separately if possible. This way weight,size and invoice all are smaller/lesser which increases chances of getting it cleared from customs.(as mentioned on rcindia forum)
More or less all items go under the customs scanner. They would charge duty or not is another question. They are most interested in
higher priced/larger items. So ordering heavy, expensive items is generally not advisable as it would almost always attract duty(and hence defeat the cost advantage).
Custom duty can range to anything from 14% to 40%, there is very little that you can do in such cases. You cannot argue in most cases.
Theft, lost in transit are rare but possible outcomes. So keep this in mind before ordering. Its best to avoid mobile phones/jewelery kind of stuff. Some sites like amazon would reship even after 'lost in transit' cases(which they are not responsible for), prefer such sites.
There are counter arguments about which shipping service to use. Basic service(like economy shipping) is said to be slower but lesser likely to attract duty. DHL, UPS etc might be faster but likely to get customs attention.
Gifts under 10k rs are said to be duty free, but invoice should be included along with the item. Ask seller to include the invoice, if possible.
It can take anything from 5 days to 2 months to reach. Item can go to unexpected places and come back to you magically after disappearing from any tracking system.
Send to domestic location can indicate forward progress but it does not mean that item is actually sent to your town. It might just mean that its traveling to next location(like from cargo hub to customs office).
Keeping patience is the key. On some forums(rcindia) its advised to not call customs even if there is delay.
PS : All these are collective opinions that I found while searching for my problem. I do not have much experience with it. All may not be correct, please correct or add if required.
I received it today! Seems like gobble prediction actually worked
Today was the last day, else I was going to contact customs in Pune. But glad that it was not required.
So to summarize, even when the status shows as 'retention reason', it does not indicate that you will need to produce documents. Customs might just charge the duty and release the product.
BTW, I ended up giving 231/- INR as customs duty. Total order was of 3100rs and vendor declared 20 USD as price. So duty comes to around 20% of declared price(whichi is hefty).
Will start a separate thread about review of my first separate system(from speaker novice point of view).
Thanks a lot guys for the help!
If anybody would like to update/correct anything to my above post and general guidelines, you are most welcome.
Reputation points: 145
Now spill the beans on the latest mystery acquisition will ya?
Reputation points: 535
The status in order are...
1) Receive Item at office of exchange (Inb - Inbound)
2) Send Item to customs
... Cleared with or without duty - No status
... Retained. Retention Reason: &xyz&
It can be retained, but unless Custom sends a letter, there is no need to contact them. They can charge duty and release the package in 3-4 days. They have retained my items at least twice, but I was not charged duty. I have been sent only one letter in the last three years. But, that was due to buying
close to Independence day. Can't blame them!
3) Return Item from Customs
4) Send Item to Domestic Location
The time spent at customs is from &Send Item to Customs& to &Return Item to Customs&. In the OP, it is not clear at which time it was 'Send to Customs'. I am guessing it spent at least a few minutes (usually 3-5 hours in most of my cases). The last two status actually shows that they recorded the retention reason in the system, charged the duty and released it the next minute.
One of my parcels from US was lost for 50 days (USPS Priority with full tracking). It was sent out of US, but never appeared on Indian shores, but eventually did.
I've lost 5 parcels in the last 3 years. Had the experience of my IEM and accessories alone being stolen out of the box recently. But still, it is more good than bad.
I am charged duty on almost every parcel through DHL/FedEx/UPS/TNT, but only 15% of the time through EMS and less than 3% of the time through Airmail. The bulkier and larger the item, more the chances of it being inspected. Almost all my headphones, DAC, Headphone Amp have been charged, but most IEMs and smaller items pass through.
In my experience, I get the item on the 2nd or the 3rd day after 'Send Item to Domestic Location'.
The Following User Says Thank You to esanthosh For This Useful Post:
@esanthosh
Thats something I was looking for. It explains all the process and most of the caveats.
And that thing is rather scary. No wonder customs retained it
Customs was indeed superfast in my case it seems(I have updated the entire tracking status). Very energetic and prompt to slap a duty on my first import
You must have guessed it... Its TA2020 based amp + power supply from indeed hi-fi lab. And have bought CA S30 to accompany them.
And yes, I must thank all members and posts, which helped me to decide on this combination.
Would reserve my comments about this combo for now.
Reputation points: 35
Did you buy the CA S30 here in Pune? I am looking to buy a pair.
No, I bought them online from technoguru.in
Advertisements