presupposee you have a log utility function. presupposee your current wealth W=$300,000.

Why do so few people want to live significantly longer and healthier than a so-called natural life span? | A conversation
Oakland, CA
United States
Futurist & Technology Consultant,
This conversation is closed.
Why do so few people want to live significantly longer and healthier than a so-called natural life span?
As I have discussed the concept of immortality with people over the years, something has consistently surprised me.
I ask people, "If you could live a much longer but still vital and healthy life, would you want to live, say, 200 years?
500 years?
Most people do not want to live that long - even if they could remain healthy and vital all that time.
It seems what most people are saying, is that they actually *want* to grow old and die.
Yet we all supposedly want to be healthy and strong, and of course we would naturally want to heal ourselves if we got sick or injured - we seek health.
Then why this death wish among most people I poll?
I'm obviously in the "Hell yeah, give me healthy immortality" camp, so I'm looking for help from other people in explaining the other side of this please.
Is that a coping mechanism to help accept our own mortality?
Would you really turn down an opportunity to live much longer, along with your friends, and healthy?
Or is my own personal polling off?
I guess we'll see!
Related Talks:

我要回帖

更多关于 suppose that 的文章

随机推荐