Va|t,vault.uber.com.cn,com,cn

on August 17th, 2016 at 10:08 am
Lately, I’ve been looking at the stock of Comfort Systems USA () and I think there may be compelling value here. The company describes itself as “a leading provider of commercial, industrial and institutional heating, ventilation and air conditioning (“HVAC”) services.”
A few weeks ago, FIX reported Q2 earnings of 47 cents per share which was four cents better than the Street. The stock hasn’t done much in the last year. The board just approved a one-million-share buyback.
I’m not recommending FIX or adding it to the Buy List, but it’s certainly on my radar.
on August 17th, 2016 at 7:02 am
Be sure to follow me on .
on August 16th, 2016 at 10:26 am
We had two key economic reports this morning.
First, the Federal Reserve said that industrial production rose by 0.7% last month. That’s the biggest increase since November 2014. IP rose by 0.4% in June. For manufacturing, output rose by 0.5%. That was its biggest jump in more than a year.
Notice that IP had been falling from November 2014 to March 2016, but that trend appears to be over.
The other report said that the CPI was unchanged last month which matched expectations. In the last year, consumer prices have risen by 0.8%.
The “core rate” rose by 0.1% last month. It’s up 2.2% in the last year.
Here’s the monthly seasonally-adjusted core rate:
on August 16th, 2016 at 9:04 am
At Navellier Market Mail, Gary Alexander sums up why August 16 has been such an important day .
Today marks a red-letter day in the history of gold in America.
On August 16, 1896, George Carmack discovered one of the largest gold strikes in history on Rabbit Creek in Canada’s Yukon Territory, just across the border from Alaska.
A century ago this week (August 14, 1916), Denmark approved the sale of the Virgin Islands to America for $25 million in gold – another land-grab bargain made possible by taking advantage of cash-starved European nations during a World War.
And on August 16, 1925, Charlie Chaplin’s silent film classic, The Gold Rush, inspired by the 1849 gold rush, opened to U.S. audiences.
The most dramatic golden event in U.S. history came 45 years ago on Monday, August 16, 1971, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 33 points (+3.8%) the morning after President Richard M. Nixon appeared on national TV to “close the gold window” (refusing to honor the $35 per ounce price of gold), effectively devaluing the dollar.
Nixon also imposed wage and price controls (in response to a 3% CPI inflation rate!), and a 10% surcharge on all imports.
You would think this package of central controls of the economy in a free nation would have caused stocks to fall, but Nixon’s moves were very popular at the time.
A poll of 220 households by Albert E. Sindlinger & Co. on August 16 revealed that 75% of Americans favored the President’s proposals, while “most of those who dissented did so on the ground that Mr. Nixon’s actions should have come sooner.”
Mr. Sindlinger said, “In all the years I’ve been doing this business – more than 15 – I’ve never seen anything this unanimous, unless maybe it was Pearl Harbor.”
I was on deadline at a major magazine writing about Nixon’s 1971 Dollar Crisis.
I was shocked but not surprised by the announcement, since I had read Harry Browne’s 1970 book on the Coming Devaluation. I came to know at least three other people who were so shocked by Nixon’s move that they launched new businesses.
All three of them intersected my life over the following decades: (1) New Orleans school teacher James U. Blanchard III formed The National Committee to Legalize Gold. Also: (2) David Nolan saw Nixon’s speech in his Colorado living room and decided to form the Libertarian P and (3) Robert D. Kephart, publisher of Human Events decided to publish an “Inflation Survival Letter” (which morphed into “Personal Finance”) to help investors survive the inflation that was certain to follow price controls.
(Full disclosure: I eventually edited publications for Bob Kephart and Jim Blanchard during the 1980s).
It’s still hard to believe that it was illegal for Americans to own most forms of gold from 1933 to 1974. On April 5, 1933, FDR’s Executive Order 6102 demanded we surrender our gold for $20.67 per ounce. Those who stuffed this inert metal in a mattress or vault risked 5-10 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine!
This gold story ends with a Pyrrhic victory for gold investors.
On August 14, 1974, Congress authorized U.S. citizens to own gold for the first time in 41 years, as of December 31.
This was a Pyrrhic victory since Americans missed all the gains from $20 (in 1933) to $195 (the gold price on December 30, 1974). Alas, gold then proceeded to fall sharply after it was legal to own, falling to $102.20 on August 30, 1976.
Here’s how gold performed in the early 1970s.
on August 16th, 2016 at 7:14 am
on August 15th, 2016 at 12:15 pm
Bloomberg gives an in-depth look at Hormel Foods (). Here’s :
Spam, more than any other product, defines Hormel. Through its 125-year history, the company’s strategy has been simple: protein, preferably with a long shelf life. Its other brands—Dinty Moore beef stew, Mary Kitchen hash, Real Bacon toppings, Herb-Ox bouillon cubes and its eponymous chili—sound like the shopping list for a Cold War fallout shelter.
In 2014, Hormel filed a patent for a meat sandwich that lasts longer than 14 days. As Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Ettinger put it, Hormel maintained “a very American-dominated portfolio with a lot of kind of traditional American food type items.”
This is not, in short, a brand given to taking risks or chasing trends.
But around 2007, Hormel quietly embarked on a venture that would take it deeper than it had ever been into the cupboards and kitchens of Americans, many of them immigrants, many of them young. It led to a series of acquisitions and a blitz of research and development that helped round out its pantry of products and inoculate it against the fickle modern food trends of a kale-and-quinoa world.
One of the first things it did was hire an anthropologist.
Read the .
on August 15th, 2016 at 10:51 am
The S&P 500 is up to another all-time high today. Since Brexit, the S&P 500 has had 11 down days. It’s closed higher the following day 10 times.
Here are the daily changes since June.
The last 43 down days for the S&P 500, the market has closed higher the following day 31 times.
Here’s a look at the daily ranges this year, meaning the difference between the S&P 500’s high and low. Notice how much narrower it’s become all year. Brexit is an obvious exception, but that didn’t last long.
on August 15th, 2016 at 10:46 am
I don’t place a lot of faith in these kinds of stats, but it’s interesting to note how
has performed.
The Election Year Indicator states that when the stock market rallies in the final three months before the election, the incumbent party wins. If not, the challenger wins. The indicator has been right 19 times in the last 22 elections.
(T)he election years of ,
and 2012 all had market corrections of 7 percent or more and yet finished the year positive.
(Since) 1928, only four election years had losses of greater than 3 percent.
This year, the market started with its worst loss in history.
When the stock market moves higher, the incumbent party usually wins. That has been the case in 12 of the 14 elections since 1928.
Conversely, in the eight elections since 1928 when the S&P moved lower, the incumbent party lost seven times. The stock market has correctly predicted the winning party 19 out of 22 elections, Stack said.
Perhaps people don’ they vote their 401(k).
on August 15th, 2016 at 7:10 am
on August 12th, 2016 at 7:08 am
“Don’ take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don’t go up, don’t buy it.” – Will Rogers
If I were to ask someone who only paid attention to major news headlines and gave zero attention to the stock market where they thought the market currently is, they’d probably think we’re in pretty rough shape. I doubt they’d say were in an all-time record high with low volatility.
But that’s the truth. In fact, on Thursday, all three major indexes closed at all-time highs. The last time that happened was on December 31, 1999. The stock market has shaken off nearly every reason to go down (Brexit, China, Zika, terrorism, politics). It’s almost as though the worse the news is, the better the stocks do.
Fortunately, we got some good news last week, with a strong jobs report. There’s also—finally—some decent news on wages. I’ll have more details for you in a bit. We also had a nice earnings beat from Cognizant Technology Solutions, although the outlook was on the cautious side.
Later on, I’ll preview two
earnings reports for next week, Ross Stores and Hormel Foods. My numbers say Ross Stores should beat expectations. But first, let’s take a closer look at this boring, dull, lethargic stock market. Which, by the way, is at an all-time high.
The Current Market Is Boring, and That’s a Good Thing
I think I’m running out of stats to explain how drowsy this market is. Let me try a couple on you: In the last 27 days, the second-worst day for the S&P 500 was a loss of 0.36%. Oh the humanity! Every day but one has been better than that.
The daily range of the S&P 500, meaning the distance between the high and the low, has been less than 0.65% 19 times in the last 22 days. To put that in perspective, that didn’t happen once during the first 45 trading days of this year. Notice how much smaller the daily “candlesticks” have become in the chart above. The beginning of this year was like a different world.
Remember how poorly the market started out this year? It was one of the worst starts to a year in history. By February 11, the S&P 500 was down more than 10% for the year. But the funny thing is, this rally is still hated. The sentiment indicator from the American Association of Individual Investors shows that the number of bulls came in below average for a record 40th week in a row.
I’ll consolidate a great deal of market wisdom by telling you that the stock market likes to move at two speeds—fast/down and slow/up. Inexperienced investors are obsessed with the first speed. We pay attention to the second.
Interestingly, we had a good example of the fast/down speed after Brexit, but what inexperienced investors never seem to grasp is that by the time it’s clear what’s happening, it’s over. Consider that the S&P 500 is up nearly 10% from its post-Brexit low. Peter Lynch once said, “Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, or trying to anticipate corrections, than has been lost in corrections themselves.” That’s very true. Volatility will come back. Sometime. But don’t bother trying to predict when.
The U.S. Economy Created 255,000 Jobs Last Month
Last Friday, the government said that the U.S. economy created 255,000 net new jobs last month. That easily beat Wall Street’s forecast of 180,000. The numbers for May and June were revised higher as well.
When you smooth out all the bumps, we’ve been on a trend of creating about 220,000 to 230,000 jobs per month, and this report confirms that the trend is alive and well.
That’s the red line in the chart below, with in the S&P 500 in blue. The unemployment rate stayed at 4.9%.
But what really caught my attention is that average hourly earnings rose by 0.3%. That’s not bad. This is a key number to watch, because the more folks make, the more they spend. Consumer spending is the main driver of the economy. We also want to pay attention to inflation. So far, inflation has been well contained, but that may be due to wage growth being sluggish.
For the first time in a while, I think the market is underestimating the odds of a Fed rate increase. This is a strange position for me to be in, since the markets and the Fed have consistently overestimated the timetable for rate hikes. If a robot endlessly said, “the rate-hike timetable will be pushed back,” it would look a lot more prescient than a lot of well-paid economists. Prices may start to creep higher, and that would get the Fed’s attention.
Right now, the futures market thinks there’s roughly a 50-50 chance of a rate hike coming at the Fed’s December meeting. Goldman Sachs recently said that the odds are 75%. I’m siding with Goldman on this. It’s not a lock-solid bet, but it is likely, especially if this jobs trend keeps up. If you recall, last December, the Fed raised rates for the first time in nearly a decade.
The final earnings numbers for Q2 are almost in. So far, 78% of companies in the S&P 500 have beaten their earnings expectations, while 56% have beaten on sales. Of our
that have quarters ending in June, ten beat Wall Street’s estimate, three missed and another three matched estimates.
Cognizant Technology Solutions Is a Buy up to $63
Last Friday, Cognizant Technology Solutions () became our final Buy List stock to report Q2 earnings. For the second three months of the year, the IT outsourcer earned 87 cents per share. That was five cents more than expectations. Quarterly revenue rose 9.2% to $3.37 billion, which matched consensus.
Overall, this was a good quarter for Cognizant. The company, however, was .
“Our second-quarter performance, as anticipated, represented broad-based revenue growth across service lines, geographies and industries, including healthcare and financial services,” said Francisco D’Souza, Chief Executive Officer. “While our revised guidance reflects the impact of near-term macroeconomic headwinds, our longer-term outlook and underlying business fundamentals remain strong. We continue to see an expanding market opportunity ahead and are well positioned to capitalize on the digital transformations taking place among enterprises around the world.”
“The shift to digital continues to intensify and accelerate,” said Gordon Coburn, President. “Our strong second-quarter revenue growth, adding incremental quarterly revenue of nearly $170 million, is the result of clients turning to Cognizant to help them define strategy and infuse new technologies to address key challenges and implement new business models. Our robust strategy and implementation capabilities have made us a key partner to clients as they fundamentally transform their businesses and navigate the shift to the digital economy.”
Gordon said that the pound’s fall post-Brexit knocked off about $40 million in revenue. He also noted that some major healthcare companies are holding back on spending, since they’re working through deals.
Cognizant sees Q3 coming in between 82 and 85 cents per share, whereas Wall Street had been expecting 86 cents per share. On the plus side, Cognizant reiterated their full-year guidance range of $3.32 to $3.44 per share.
On the revenue side, Cognizant sees Q3 ranging between $3.43 billion and $3.47 billion. Wall Street had been expecting $3.54 billion. The company also changed its full-year guidance range for revenue from $13.65 billion to $14.0 billion to $13.47 billion to $13.60 billion. Wall Street had been expecting $13.75 billion.
The stock had a frenetic day last Friday. Shortly after the open, CTSH dropped to a 3.2% loss for the day. Traders then did an about-face. By the afternoon, CTSH made up everything it had lost and peaked at a gain of 2.9%.
Due to the conservative guidance, I’m going to lower our Buy Below on Cognizant to $63 per share. The company also added $1 billion to its stock-repurchase plan.
Earnings Preview for Ross Stores and Hormel Foods
Second-quarter earnings season is now over for our stocks on the March/June/September/December reporting cycle. However, we have three stocks that are their quarters ended with July, and soon they’ll report earnings.
This Thursday, August 18, Ross Stores () will report its fiscal Q2 earnings after the market closes. When the last earnings report came out in May, the deep discounter said it expected Q2 earnings to range between 64 and 67 cents per share. Wall Street expects 67 cents per share. Ross also sees same-store sales rising by 1% to 2%. I think their guidance is quite conservative, and I expect to see an earnings beat.
I’ll be curious to see if Ross updates its full-year guidance, which is currently at $2.63 to $2.72 per share. I should add that Ross has been gobbling up tons of its own stocks. Ross pays a dividend, but it’s quite modest—just 13.5 cents per share, which works out to a yield of 0.87%.
Shares of ROST have rallied strongly over the last few weeks, and the stock hit another new all-time high on Thursday.
Hormel Foods () is also due to report its earnings on Thursday, August 18, but their report will come out before the opening bell. The Spam people said they expect full-year earnings between $1.56 and $1.60 per share. They’ve already made 83 cents per share for the first two quarters of the year.
One point of concern is Hormel’s shrinking margins. That caused the stock to get dinged hard earlier this year. Wall Street’s consensus for Hormel’s fiscal Q3 is for 35 cents per share, which is a 25% increase over last year.
HEICO (), our quietest, smallest and best performer, is scheduled to report its fiscal Q3 earnings on Wednesday, August 24. I’ll have more details on HEI next week.
That’s all for now. There are a few key events to look out for next week. On Tuesday, the July CPI report comes out. Inflation has been rather subdued, but with some modest gains in wages, there soon could be a rise in consumer prices. I don’t think it’s likely, but we need to keep an eye the data. On Wednesday, the Fed will release the minutes from its last meeting. This is when the Fed said, “Near-term risks to the economic outlook have diminished.” I’ll be curious to hear more details. Be sure to keep checking
for daily updates. I’ll have more market analysis for you in the next issue of CWS Market Review!
Named by CNN/Money as the best buy-and-hold blogger, Eddy Elfenbein is the editor of Crossing Wall Street. His free
has beaten the S&P 500 eight times in the last nine years. ()cPanel hosting
from $5 / month annual subscription
The easiest, most affordable way to get online
business starter
Get your business online in 5 easy steps.
web made simple
High performance, high availability, web hosting
Web Hosting Packages
Switch between the following hosting options:
on an annual subscription
5GB SAN disk space
10 email accounts
1 cPanel account
10GB SAN disk space
Unlimited email accounts
1 cPanel account
20GB SAN disk space
Unlimited email accounts
5 cPanel accounts
100GB SAN disk space
Unlimited email accounts
100 cPanel accounts
99.99% SLA
CPU burstable to 2 nodes
99.99% SLA
CPU burstable to 4 nodes
99.99% SLA
CPU burstable to 8 nodes
1 vCPU cores
1,024 MB dedicated RAM
40 GB storage
2 vCPU cores
2,048 MB dedicated RAM
60 GB storage
2 vCPU cores
4,096 MB dedicated RAM
100 GB storage
4 vCPU cores
8,192 MB dedicated RAM
200 GB storage
4 vCPU cores
16,384 MB dedicated RAM
400 GB storage
Hosted Exchange Mailboxes
Add one to your hosting account
UberGlobal’s mission is to create value for our customers through continuous innovation in the simplification of technology. We are Australia’s second largest cloud services provider by market share, delivering everything from personal websites to SMB web and ecommerce solutions.
Customer testimonials
"I wanted genuine customer service that could help me TODAY when I need it most and I definitely got it with UberGlobal. By utilising fast and friendly service with UberGlobal it really helps me when my customers need fast results and this alone is a huge benefit. I personally recommend UberGlobal simply because their system is well refined, their infrastructure is spot on and they deliver outstanding and very friendly customer support which is second to none in my 11 years working online."
Mark Briody
"Uber's website hosting and domain services are extremely reliable and assist me in providing high value website solutions to my SME clients. Their online system is also simple, user friendly and support is excellent too."
"With the plethora of cheap and nasty hosting options out there, it's great to secure the services of a well established, well managed web company with customer service to back it all up. We have been using the hosting services of UberGlobal managed hosting companies for years now and they are still our most recommended web host for all of our clients' and our own web sites."
"We joined Uber Global services a few years ago after experiencing complications with other providers and chose them because they seemed to be very simple and easy to use and ever since the very first time we signed up our business hosting account with Jumba, we have had nothing but absolute impeccable customer service and care - making each experience enjoyable."
"Uber Global came highly recommended by our web developers as providing the best support services available. They were right. Over the last 5 years we've consistently had outstanding support from UberGlobal. The peace-of-mind from their support is fantastic. It's like having our own IT deparment, and lets me get on with running the business without having to worry about the IT. "
"Although our website, , was developed on the no-longer supported Microsoft FrontPage software, Uber technical support personnel advised how we could continue to update our website using an FTP Client application to assist us to 'publish' website updates from FrontPage. This allows us to continue using FrontPage until we decide how we can migrate to another website development tool."
"When I decided almost 5 years ago that I needed to get myself a reseller plan to allow me to economically host a variety of client and family websites I was fortunate enough to find Uber Global. I have since discovered that the Accounts and Support staff are equally fantastic, not to mention the active forum user base which all combines to help me to sort through those little challenges! "
Need help? Visit
or call 13 UBER ( 13 8237 ) 24/7

我要回帖

更多关于 vauit.uber.com.cn 的文章

随机推荐